Our promise to you:
We will always respect your preferences and you can change them at any time, simply call us on 020 8329 0010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only use your data in line with current GDPR laws and never pass on or sell your details to any other organisations.
Who are we?
As Christians, CSW stands with everyone facing discrimination because of their religion or belief. We work in over 20 countries across Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America to further our vision of a world where everyone is free to choose their beliefs – to hold and practise any religion they like, or none at all.
We’re committed to guaranteeing your privacy and making sure that all the personal data you send us is kept safe. Personal data can mean your telephone number, email address, or bank details. This policy explains how we collect that data, what we use it for, where we store information and what that means for you.
If you have any further questions, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 020 8329 0010. You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the following carefully: it will help you understand how we collect your personal information and what we do with it. By using our website or providing us with your personal information you agree to your personal information being used and stored in the manner set out in this policy.
How do we collect personal information?
- Through petitions
- When you sign up to receive an email, e.g. the weekly prayer email
- We also collect non-personal data such as IP addresses, details of pages visited and how often, and files downloaded.
- Campaign actions (petitions, MP emails etc) taken through Engaging Networks
What information do we collect?
- Date of birth
- Bank details
- Whether or not you are a UK taxpayer
- Non-personal data on website usage via cookies such as IP addresses, details of pages visited and how often, and files downloaded.
What do we do with this information, and for how long?
We use the information you give us for many purposes, including:
- Keeping you up to date on our latest news and prayer needs
- Letting you know how you can stand with others for religious freedom through campaigning and prayer
- Processing donations to us, as well as applying for gift aid on those donations
- Providing you with free resources, including our quarterly Response newsletter and Prayer Diary
- Classifying our supporters by location, e.g Scotland, so that you are contacted about the events that best suit you
We will only keep your data for as long as we require it and in accordance with data law and best practice. When your information is no longer required, we dispose of it in a secure manner or delete it from our servers.
Credit card and payment information and security
We never want to send you emails or letters that you don’t want to receive. You can edit your contact preferences at any time.
Right to access your information
You have the right to access your own personal information and supplementary data, and to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the way that data is processed. You can read more about your rights at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-of-access/
What are cookies and how do we use them?
#2 CSW manifesto
We believe no one should suffer discrimination, harassment or persecution because of their beliefs