Careers at CSW
Salary: Monthly allowance of €730 gross
Location: Based in our Brussels office near the main EU institutions
Contract: Monday 3 September 2018 - Thursday 23 February 2019 (with the possibility to extend)
Hours: 4 days per week (28 hours) 9am-5pm
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and globally respected religious freedom research and advocacy organisation. As an intern gaining experience in human rights advocacy, you will work in our Brussels office. You will assist our highly experienced team of advocates, documenting violations of religious freedom and bringing the plight of those persecuted for their faith to the attention of EU governments and institutions, Members of the European Parliament (MEPs), the media and the general public.
Key responsibilities (full responsibilities listed in the application pack):
- Assist with the research and analysis of human rights (particularly freedom of religion or belief) information pertaining to a given country, region or situation, including developments at the EU level
- Assist with the production, maintenance and distribution of up-to-date resources for key decision makers, supporters and internal use
- Assist with the development of our Brussels-based social media presence
- Assist with the planning and logistics of advocacy meeting and visiting delegations
- Assist with the coordination of and follow-up tasks related to our cooperation with major partners in Brussels and elsewhere.
Essential criteria (full criteria listed in the application pack):
- Educated to at least bachelor degree level
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Microsoft Word and Outlook to advanced level, Excel to intermediate level
- Ability to learn quickly and grasp new information and detail
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, to ensure quality of research
- Proven excellent research skills
- Accept and respect the Christian belief and ethos of CSW
- Committed to affirm, pray for and encourage the work of CSW.
CSW is a Christian organisation working for religious freedom through advocacy and human rights, in the pursuit of justice.
This post falls under Article 13 of the Belgian anti-discrimination law of 10 May 2007.
Closing date for full applications: Friday 29 June 2018, noon (Brussels time).
Interviews will take place at our Brussels Office on Wednesday 11 July 2018 and Thursday 12 July 2018.
General Data Protection Regulations
CSW takes seriously the storing of personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulations. Your application and any information you provide will be stored securely either on paper records or a computer system and then destroyed in line with the data protection laws.
If you would like to be notified about future vacancies at CSW please fill in the form below.
#2 CSW manifesto
We believe no one should suffer discrimination, harassment or persecution because of their beliefs