Careers at CSW
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Salary: Starting at £36,000per annum, subject to experience (based on a 35 hour working week)
Contract: Full time, permanent
Location: New Malden, Surrey
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join a dynamic and globally respected organisation that advocates for freedom of religion or belief (FoRB). We require a South Asia Deputy Team Leader to undertake research and advocacy on FoRB and related wider human rights issues in Pakistan and the wider South Asia region, and to provide support and training to CSW’s partners in the region. The Deputy Team Leader will report to the South Asia Team Leader and work with others in the South Asia team to facilitate the sharing of best practice among partners in the region.
Key Responsibilities (full responsibilities listed in the application pack)
- To manage CSW projects within agreed countries of focus (initially Pakistan and Sri Lanka);
- To undertake rigorous, high quality research into violations of FoRB and related wider human rights issues, including organising and conducting fact-finding assignments to those countries, and to others when relevant;
- To analyse and document FoRB and related human rights concerns in countries of focus through reports and more creative means;
- To maintain and develop strong relationships with reliable in-country partners, sources, NGOs, relevant public bodies and experts;
- To work on the delivery of training to partners in the region, advise, participate in career development or training programmes and manage interns/volunteers;
- To organise advocacy visits and meetings in the UK, EU and Washington DC for delegations from countries of focus, working with the relevant advocacy officers;
- To develop effective and innovative advocacy strategies on countries of focus, identifying suitable points of influence and ways of utilising them, and implementing funded programmes, activities and initiatives with partners;
A committed Christian with a good degree and a passion for justice you will have:
Essential Criteria (full essential criteria listed in the application pack)
- Proven project management and leadership skills in relation to FoRB and good understanding of results-based management;
- Experience in human rights research and methodology, as well as international advocacy;
- Knowledge and experience of issues relating to freedom of religion in the South Asian region, particularly in Pakistan;
- Experience working with or influencing donor organisations
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral in English, Urdu and Punjabi;
- Ability to handle emotional challenges, including handling sensitive information and working under difficult circumstances
- Committed Christian in agreement with CSW’s vision and values (this falls within the definition of Occupational Requirement as per the Equality Act 2010)
- Have a high level of proficiency in Microsoft office, ie Word, Outlook
Please download a CSW Employment application form and applicant’s e-pack.
Please email the completed form with a copy of your CV to Jane Bave, Head of People and Culture firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for full applications: Monday 2 December 2019
This post falls within the definition of an Occupational Requirement as per the Equality Act 2010.
General Data Protection Regulation
CSW takes seriously the storing of personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation. Your application and any information you provide will be stored securely either on paper records or a computer system and then destroyed in line with the data protection laws.
Sign up for updates on the work of CSW
#2 CSW manifesto
We believe no one should suffer discrimination, harassment or persecution because of their beliefs