Careers at CSW
Join CSW for a career with purpose and use your skills to tackle injustice.
You'll join a passionate and committed team who champion the right to freedom of religion or belief and advocate for all those who face injustice because of their religious beliefs.
We are recruiting for the following roles:
- Salary: £24,875 - £27,239 (Full time equivalent) dependent on experience.
- Contract: Up to 5 days a week, Permanent
- Location: South-west London, UK / some remote working
- Closing date: noon on Friday 16 April 2021
- Role outline: see below for an overview of the role.
- Application details: application pack, application form and diversity monitoring form.
Digital Communications Lead
- Salary: £28,000 - £30,300 p.a. depending on experience
- Contract: Full time, permanent
- Location: South-west London, UK and remote-working. (Currently full-time remote working due to pandemic restrictions.)
- Closing date: noon on Wednesday 28 April 2021
- Role outline: see below for an overview of the role.
- Application details: application pack, application form and diversity monitoring form
We offer your birthday off, pension with 6% employer contribution, season ticket loan, free eye tests and discounted gym membership.
Please email completed forms to Jane Bave, Head of People and Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org
These posts fall within the definition of an Occupational Requirement as per the Equality Act 2010.
This is an exciting opportunity for a fundraiser to join CSW’s Fundraising team, to assist in raising income from existing and new institutional funders and manage relationships with individual supporters through regular targeted communications.
Key Responsibilities (a full list of responsibilities is listed in the Application Pack)
- Research and identify income opportunities from grant making sources for CSW UK
- Work with other departments, including Advocacy and Communications, to gather relevant information for applications
- Draft compelling applications to secure grants, with support from the Fundraising team
- Manage communications with specific donor segments, including sending initial information about CSW projects and regular updates
You are organised, self-motivated and passionate about making a difference to people facing injustice for their religion or belief. You are a quick learner with an interest in fundraising, particularly institutional and relationship fundraising. You are willing to use your organisational, research and communication skills to support fundraising initiatives. You are proactive, a good communicator with an excellent eye for detail. You are able to work well with others to achieve targets.
You are inspired by CSW’s mission and eager to play your part, through this role, in ensuring freedom of religion and belief for all.
Essential Criteria (a full list of essential criteria is listed in the Application Pack)
- Writing detailed reports, applications or project materials
- Managing relationships within individuals
- Compiling detailed budgets
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Strong numeracy skills
- A commitment to accuracy with an excellent eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills, especially written English
Closing date for full applications: Noon on Friday 16 April 2021.
Interviews: Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview week beginning Monday 19 April 2021. The interviews will take place online.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced digital communications professional to join CSW’s Communications Team at critical time in our growth and development. You’ll play a key role in helping to expand our international reach through a website redevelopment project and providing global digital communications support to affiliate offices.
You’ll deliver an exciting programme of communications through appropriate digital channels to increase awareness, brand reach and growth in support engagement.
Key Responsibilities (full responsibilities listed in the application pack):
- Develop and implement a digital engagement strategy across all of our digital content and channels.
- Project manage the redevelopment of the CSW website, to provide a platform that works for our affiliate offices globally, working with the Head of Communications to develop new areas of the CSW website.
- Development and delivery of social media strategy, to grow CSW’s social media networks and audiences, and daily management of social media communications, building relationships with existing and potential supporters and donors online.
- Project manage email communications programme, including weekly prayer email, campaigns, fundraising, monthly e-news, and events and other email communications as needed.
A committed Christian with a good degree and a passion for justice, you will have a proven track record in digital communications, ideally within a charity or Christian context. You’ll have a demonstrable interest in digital communications, and a commitment to continual learning and development of digital techniques and practices, with proven technical ability and aptitude to learn new processes quickly. You are keen communicator with the ability to create digital content which is compelling, persuasive and engaging.
Essential Criteria (full criteria listed in the application pack):
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering successful digital communications across a range of channels.
- Experience of managing a website using a content management system.
- Experience of using social media technologies, apps, and third-party scheduling tools.
- Experience using Adobe Creative, or similar for image and video editing and content creation.
- Awareness of digital best practice, including data protection and accessibility.
- Proven experience of project management, delivering projects within budget and on time.
Closing date for full applications: Noon on Wednesday 28 April 2021.
General Data Protection Regulation
CSW takes seriously the storing of personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation. Your application and any information you provide will be stored securely either on paper records or a computer system and then destroyed in line with the data protection laws.
Sign up for updates on the work of CSW
#2 CSW manifesto
We believe no one should suffer discrimination, harassment or persecution because of their beliefs